Always dedicated to celebrating diversity in arts, Miami International Film Festial (MIFF) has announced the top 10 finalists in the Music Video Art Competition. Sponsored by MTV Latin America and Tr3s REEL, the competition is sure to be one of the highlights of the festival this year and certainly contributes to the cultural evolution that is always evident at MIFF.
Holding a special event to celebrate the synthesis between visuals and music adds yet another layer to MIFF’s already diverse multicultural palette, especially considering that the finalists hail from seven different countries. “I’m so glad that MTV and Tr3s have partnered with MIFF to be able to celebrate these outstanding visual artists in their superb work with the moving image, which is what MIFF strives to celebrate in all its different manifestations,” said MIFF Executive Director Jaie Laplante.
The top 10 music video finalists include:
- “Around the Lake” (“Autour Du Lac”) (Belgium, directed by Noémie Marsily & Carl Roosens) Performed by Carl et les hommes-boîtes
- “Creep Date” (USA, directed by Rosita Lama Muvdi) Performed by Yohuna
- “Falling Apart” (United Kingdom, directed by Ben Cox) Performed by The Khanz
- “Fear & Delight” (United Kingdom, directed by Naren Wilks) Performed by The Correspondents
- “I Exist” (Egypt / Syria, directed by Ahmed Abdelnaser) Courtesy of West One Music
- “Land of Dreams” (United Kingdom, directed by Sheridan James Lunt) Performed by The Transpersonals
- “Maschin” (Austria, directed by Antonin Pevny) Performed by Bilderbuch
- “Separated” (Belgium, directed by Mark Borgions) Performed by Stan Lee Cole
- “Something In My Soul” (United Kingdom, directed by Ben Connors, Piers Dennis, Simon Oxley) Performed by Diggs Duke
- “Walking” (“Caminar”) (Argentina, directed by Federico Telerman & Nicolas Uboldi) Performed by Ministerio de Energìa
The winner will be announced at the conclusion of a screening for all the competitors at the Regal Cinemas South Beach. All attendees will also be invited to party with Festival VIPs at The Standard Hotel.
Tickets for the MTV/TR3S REEL Music Video Art program, as well as all other events in the 2014 Miami International Film Festival, go on sale to the general public on Thursday, March 13. For advance ticket packages, membership opportunities or more information, please visit www.miff2020.wpengine.comor call 305-405-MIFF305-405-MIFF 305-405-MI(6433). – By Paolo Ramos
You’ll need Skype CreditFree via Skype