MDC’s Miami Film Festival Code of Conduct
Miami Dade College’s Miami Film Festival is committed to providing a safe space in which to carry out its mission and activities. To that end, it has established a code of conduct to which all participants are expected to adhere. Your presence or participation in the Festival constitutes acceptance of this code of conduct.
Out of respect for all guests and staff, you agree to refrain from:
- Fighting, physical assault, taunting or threatening in any way
- Harassment, discrimination, racism, sexism, ageism or being inconsiderate or vulgar in any way
- Being under the influence of illegal drugs
- Consuming alcohol not purchased from our venues
- Being in possession of alcohol under the age of 21
- Carrying or displaying a weapon of any kind, real or toy
- Indecent exposure
- Using foul/abusive language and/or making obscene gestures
- Allowing unaccompanied minors under 17 to attend
- Disrupting a film or event in any way, including audio or video recording, cell phone use, lateness, or disruptive behavior of any kind
- Damaging or attempting to vandalize venues, goods or items not your own
By entering our venues you agree to:
- Be kind and courteous to all guests and staff
- Listen to each other. If you’re asked to stop a behavior, stop immediately
- Limit the size of your bag to not more than 10” x 10”, and to bring in only essential items
- Consume alcoholic beverages only in a responsible manner
- The possibility of being photographed or videoed
- Comply with requests from team members
- Be courteous to venue neighbors when entering and leaving, especially late at night
- Limit movement in and out of your seat during films, limit conversation during a screening and not obstructing the view of other guests
By watching films, seminars, Q&A’s or other virtual content you agree to:
- Abide by all terms and conditions as set by the Festival, Miami Dade College and Homeland Security’s National Intellectual Property Rights Coordination Center
- Refrain from screen shots, video or audio recordings of all materials
- Refrain from sharing your link with any other user or IP address
- Watch all content within the time parameters set
Violation of this code of conduct will result in immediate physical removal, virtual freezing of your account or accounts and/or cancellation of membership and all associated benefits without refund.
if you believe you’ve observed or experienced a violation of this Code of Conduct, contact the nearest staff member and we will work to assess the situation and to respond as quickly as possible. You may also send a formal notice to the Festival by emailing email@example.com. Please remember that notifying us does not constitute or replace a notification to local law enforcement.
Immediately dial 911, then contact a staff member.