COMPLETED SHORT FILMS:
SCRIPTS & WORKS IN PROGRESS
HOW TO USE FOOTAGE FROM THE WOLFSON ARCHIVES:
- The use of footage from the archives is FREE for Cinemaslam applicants, a unique opportunity to be as creative as you want
- Click the following link to access the database: http://www.mdc.edu/archives/wolfson-archives/wolfson_archives_search.aspx
- You can search for footage online, and once you know the video you want to use, please contact the archive sending your request to this email: email@example.com
- To request them please include in the body of the email the ACCESSION NUMBER OF ITEM. The Subject line of the email should be as follows: CINEMASLAM + Name of the Project + Name of School.
- The turnaround time for any downloadable screeners depends on the preparation time needed, especially for items that are on film and have not yet been prepped or digitized. It can be as quick as within a day or two, or up to two weeks for 16mm films.
- These screeners can be incorporated into any rough edits to help you narrow down the footage you actually need for the final version of your film.
- To submit your final request for footage you should request only what will be in the final version of your film, because that is the only master footage Wolfson Archives will send you.
- To request the Master Footage List, use the same Subject line structure as above and include the following information for each shot from each item:
- ACCESSION NUMBER OF ITEM (same as the screener file name)
- ON-SCREEN TIME-CODE IN POINT
- ON-SCREEN TIME-CODE OUT POINT
- DURATION OF SHOT
- DESCRIPTION OF SHOT
- The turnaround time for master footage is at least two days.
- A license agreement will be issued for each production that requests master footage. The agreement needs to be signed by the Producer.
- The master footage can be sent via Dropbox or you can bring your own hard drive and we will upload the material for you.