Miami Dade College’s Miami Film Festival offers year-round Internship Programs designed to provide students with experience, knowledge and skills in the operation of a cultural destination event.
MDC’s Tower Theater is the Festival’s 52-weeks-a-year art house cinema and is considered one of the top ten theaters in the US according to USA Today.
Internships for Summer and Fall are available in:
- Programming, Filmmaker Services & Film Industry Office
- Industry Office
- Hospitality and Special Events
- Volunteer Management
- General Office
- Graphic Design
- Marketing and Outreach
- Press Operations
- Membership (Miami Film Society)
- MFS internships run Jan – April 2019
- Applicant must be able to commit at least 15 hour each week leading up to and after the Festival, as well as all 10 Festival days March 1-10, 2019 at one of six venues.
- Interns interact directly with Miami Film Society members via telephone and in person at Festival events, in order to maximize their Festival experience.
- Duties include:
- Helping place ticket orders
- Issuing membership cards
- Providing information regarding membership benefits and future events
- Corporate Relations and Development
All internships require a strong degree of responsibility and are supervised to facilitate learning and experience. They are designed to provide a broad understanding of various work settings work styles.
Internships are unpaid but can be used toward credit requirements.
TERM OF INTERNSHIPS
The Festival and MDC’s Tower Theater Miami internships are temporary assignments that last approximately 12-16 weeks. Internships occurring during a given academic year typically require a minimum commitment of 15 hours per week. However, the hours and length of the internship can be adjusted depending on the needs of the department and the availability of the student.
Internship terms are as follows:
SUMMER: Dates Flexible
FALL SEMESTER: August 21, 2017 – Dec. 15, 2017
2018 SPRING SEMESTER: Jan. 8, 2018 – April 30, 2018
Interns are required to submit a resume, cover letter and three references. All requests for internship are reviewed by the appropriate department. Candidates who meet the needs outlined by a department are interviewed in person.
At the end of the internship, participants are asked to complete an internship program evaluation form. Additionally, the participant’s supervisor will complete an appraisal form. Any and all institutional paperwork will be completed to ensure credit requirements are met, if applicable.
Internships take place at the Miami Film Festival offices, located on the the Freedom Tower, 600 Biscayne Blvd, 4th Floor, Miami, FL 33132 or at MDC’s Tower Theater, 1508 SW 8th Street, Miami, FL 33135 in Historic Little Havana.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for a Festival or MDC Tower Theater Miami Internship, check that you fulfill the requirements:
- 12-16 week commitment (start and end dates above)
- Minimum 15 hours per week
Select your top three department choices, in order of preference, for your internship (e.g. Filmmaker Services, Marketing and Outreach, Tower Theater Operations, Press Operations, etc.)
Submit resume, cover letter and references, as well your department choices to Internships at email@example.com.
For more information on the Miami Film Festival and MDC’s Tower Theater, call 305-237-FILM (3456).