Undergraduate and graduate students enrolled in participating Miami/South Florida film schools/programs are welcome to apply for the Lynn and Louis Wolfson II Family Foundation CinemaSlam Competition 2020. The purpose of this Competition is to foster excellence in Miami- area student filmmaking as well as exposing students to the film festival aspect of the cinema industry. Also, the Competition aims at fostering student use of archival materials in film and video production, specifically material housed at the Lynn and Louis Wolfson II Media Center.
The winning projects in all categories will be selected by a jury of industry professionals appointed in conjunction by the Festival and the Lynn and Louis Wolfson II Media Center.
The Wolfson CinemaSlam Competition is open to COMPLETED SHORT FILMS as well as WORKS IN PROGRESS (in development, script, pre-production, production or post-production). Below are the detailed Regulations and Awards for each category:
WORKS IN PROGRESS (WIP):
- Projects will make any use of archival material from Lynn and Louis Wolfson II Florida Moving Archives in a way that is essential to the student’s content.
- Projects may be in development, script, pre-production, production or post-production.
- Projects may be in the narrative, documentary, experimental, animated, or VR genres.
- There is no minimum or maximum required percentage of the planned production running time devoted to archival material.
- Projects will not be finished before March 10, 2020.
- The completed film MUST be submitted to the 2021 Wolfson CinemaSlam Competition (submission fee will be waived).
- Submissions are OPEN until Friday, January 18, 2020.
- Students must pay a submission fee of $10 to enter the competition.
- Projects in development, script, pre-production and production, can submit the following material for consideration:
- One-page Treatment (in PDF format and in English language)
- Director and Producer Note of Intention (Max. one page in PDF format and in English language)
- Script (Max. 70 pages in PDF format and in English language)
- Video excerpt or scene (Max. 5 minutes as a private, shareable link)
Up to 15 awards of $1,000 cash will be awarded. Please note: Should the jury find less than 15 projects for consideration, the $15,000 cash awards funds will be evenly split among the jury’s selection of finalists.