A component of the Festival’s Florida Focus program, CinemaSlam, Miami Film Festival’s film school competition, aims to discover, showcase, and celebrate the work of undergraduate and graduate students in Miami/South Florida film schools. Open to any student enrolled in a participating South Florida college/university on the completion date of the film. Miami/South Florida schools include Barry University, Center of Cinematography Arts & Television Miami (CCAT-Miami), Florida International University, Lynn University, Miami Dade College, Miami International University, New World School of the Arts (University of Florida), St. Thomas University, and the University of Miami.
– Films may be a narrative, documentary, experimental, or animated short.
– Category is open to a maximum runtime of 20 minutes.
– Film completion date must be October 2016 or later. Films submitted in a prior year are ineligible.
– Submissions are OPEN until Friday, January 12, 2018.
– Submission deadline Friday, January 12, 2018 is FINAL; we cannot consider submissions after this date.
– Films submitted may be part of a class project or an independent piece.
– Submissions MUST be uploaded to the Withoutabox platform in an acceptable resolution.
– Students must pay a submission fee of $10 to enter the competition.
– Exhibition format if selected as “a finalist” must be BluRay or digital file.
Finalists will compete for the Sara Fuller scholarship – a $500 (USD cash) prize courtesy of Film Florida – and the following awards:
– Miami CinemaSlam Champion 2018 (engraved trophy)
– Best Director
– Best Actor
– Best Actress
– Best Writing
– Best Documentary or Narrative Film
– Best Technical Achievement
For further details email:
Miami Film Festival Submissions Team – firstname.lastname@example.org