The purpose of Miami ENCUENTROS presented by Moviecity is to facilitate completion of feature films produced partially or entirely by Latin-American based production companies, or from US Hispanic filmmakers, that are currently in post-production and will not be completed by March 2014. Miami ENCUENTROS aims to propel these projects towards their eventual debuts on the international stage.
ENCUENTROS 2014 will take place March 13-15, 2014 during the 31st Edition of the Miami International Film Festival (March 7-16, 2014). MIFF ENCUENTROS and Moviecity will be awarding a pre-sale contract offer worth USD$ 35,000 to the winning project as select by a jury of industry professionals.
The winner of ENCUENTROS 2014 will also be entitled to:
- 3-night accommodations and Industry accreditation at the Encuentros Cartagena from March 16-19, 2014 – Presented by Proimagenes
- 3-night accommodations and Industry accreditation at FICG Industry Days in Guadalajara between March 21 -27, 2014 – Presented by FICG
Submissions are now CLOSED. View the list of final selected projects.
A History of Successful Encuentros Projects
- MIAMI ENCUENTROS presented by Moviecity 2014 Winner: Aurora, by Rodrigo Sepulveda (Chile)
- Por Las Plumas (All About the Feathers) by Neto Villalobos, Costa Rica - Winner of MIFF 2013 Encuentros $10,000 cash prize...more
- 7 Virgins (7 virgenes) by Alberto Rodríguez, Spain – Nominated for six Goya awards and winner of one; won Silver Seashell at San Sebastian 2005
- Dog Eat Dog (Perro come perro) by Carlos Moreno, Colombia
- Gigante by Adrian Biniez, Uruguay / Argentina / Germany / Spain – Winner of the Silver Bear Berlin 2009
- Heartlift (Lifting de corazón) by Eliseo Subiela, Argentina – MIFF 2006 Opening Night Film
- Holy Girl (La niña santa) by Lucrecia Martel, Argentina – Screened at MIFF 2005; Official Selection 2004 Cannes Film Festival
- Lokas by Gonzalo Justiniano, Chile
- Madeinusa by Claudia Llosa, Peru – Screened at MIFF 2006; premiered at Sundance
- Rolling Family (Familia Rodante) by Pablo Trapero – Screened at MIFF 2005
- Satanas by Andi Baiz, Colombia – World Premiere at MIFF 2007
- Septembers (Septiembres) by Carles Bosch, Spain – World Premiere at MIFF 2007
- Tanta agua by Ana Guevara y Leticia Jorge, Uruguay – North American Premiere at MIFF 2013 and Knight Ibero-American Competition Grand Jury Prize winner