With the objective of facilitating and supporting the completion of Latin American and U.S. Hispanic feature film projects in post-production and propelling them towards their debuts on the international stage, Miami Encuentros 2013 will, for the first time in the program’s history, award a cash prize of USD $10,000 to one winning project, as selected by a jury of industry professionals. The prize is sponsored by EGEDA, the Audiovisual Producers’ Rights Management Association from Spain. In addition, Madrid/Barcelona-based International Sales Agency 6 Sales will offer a 2-year representation contract to a winning project, with the ultimate goal of securing worldwide distribution.
The five selected projects for Miami Encuentros 2013 are:
- All About the Feathers (Por las plumas) (Directed by Neto Villalobos)
- Produced by La Sucia Centroamericana Producciones, Costa Rica.
- Darwin’s Corner (El rincón de Darwin) (Directed by Diego Fernández Pujol)
- Co-produced by Transparente Films, Uruguay and O som e a furia, Portugal.
- En la caliente – The Cuban Music Revolution (Directed by Fabien Pisani)
- Produced by Mokongo Films, France.
- Gypsy River (Rio Cigano) (Directed by Julia Zakia)
- Co-produced by Cinematográfica Superfilmes Ltda & Gato do Parque, Brazil.
- Liz in September (Liz en septiembre) (Directed by Fina Torres)
- Produced by Ararare Films C.A., Venezuela.
Miami International Film Festival adds a USD $10,000 Cash Prize to its Encuentros Program.